On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Daniel Shahaf <danie...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 11:49:51PM +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
>> +<p>Once the vote has been called the proposal should be considered fixed.
>> +          No further changes are accepted.</p>
>
> Can I suggest that you make explicit the option to cancel the vote, amend the
> proposal, and re-start the vote?  This document is facing "new" people who
> might otherwise get the false impression that once a vote is started, that's
> it
> --- "sink or swim", based on whatever the proposal was at that point in time.

Hi Daniel, I'll volunteer to take point on documenting this issue.

The "Process Description" page is ostensibly an overview:

    http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Process_Description.html#Introduction

    This document is an overview of the process. Read it in conjunction with
    the "Incubation Policy" and the various guides...

No policy documentation should ever exist exclusively on an overview page.
This material belongs at
<http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html#vote>, which I have now
updated to address your concerns.

In my view, this material is not integral to an overview, as it is only needed
by Champions.  Everyone else who might be tempted to update the wiki is
protected from error if the Champion (or some other industrious volunteer)
updates the wiki per the instructions.

Therefore, unless there are objections, I plan to strike the material on the
"Process Description" page, leaving the only copy at the canonical location of
the proposal guide.

Marvin Humphrey