Hi

basis are close to metrics but it has some few differences:
1) it is extensible by design and linked to the GUI
2) we will handle persistence of counters/gauges
3) we will handle aggregation
and hopefully much more ;)

Then I hope we will integrate it deeply with other Apache project
(tomee, jbatch impl maybe....)

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/