I closed LEGAL-178 with the resolution "Not A Problem", which is quite
different to a resolution of "Fixed" or "Resolved" or "Answered".

>From my investigation, things like the text of the AL and various posts in
the mailing lists over the years answered the question to my satisfaction.
I doubt everyone agrees yet but the answers for me are:
- there is no need to vote on the convenience binary artifacts
- in fact voting on them is a bit pointless as you can't easily verify the
contents anyway, and the ASF only does source releases.
- its ok to have unvoted on convenience binaries in the ASF distribution
areas
- there is no requirement to have LICENSE/NOTICE files in the root
directory of a convenience binary

However i think it would take a fair bit of work to build enough consensus
around any documentation update. So just closing LEGAL-178 as Not A Problem
seemed much easier now that it seems like no one is insisting any historic
artifacts be removed.

Happy to continue discussing this as it does seem an interesting topic, but
if we do could it be in a new thread not so tied to Chukwa.

   ...ant