On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org> wrote:
> All that I suggest is that candidate Apache projects articulate how they
> differ from related projects, and that we consider the strength of this
> argument when evaluating the long term viability of the effort and
> community. It would be good if proposals have a "related work" section done
> with the diligence and detail as the typical academic publication, I
> haven't seen that at least recently.

Thanks Andrew for articulating it even more clearly -- this is exactly
the extra bit of of info I was suggesting we add to the template.

IOW, an explicit informational section may help bring clarity not
only for the casual IPCM members, but also to the folks proposing
a new project in the first place.

Thanks,
Roman.