On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 2:26 AM, Upayavira <u...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
> Roman,
>
> Regarding Wave, this comes up periodically. The two mentors (myself and
> Christian) are of the opinion that it sitting in the incubator is not
> doing harm.
>
> The project is definitely in need of new resource, and I wonder whether
> it will gain the necessary, but up until now, those active devs have
> wanted to stay here, and mentors have considered this acceptable.

This is one of the questions, I'd like to explore in greater details: are
we comfortable with having "professional student" projects in the
incubator?

In the case of Wave, it really strikes me as odd that the community is not
capable of even a single release in more than 3.5 years:
   http://incubator.apache.org/wave/downloads.html

This suggests that ASF is being used as a GitHub of sorts. Are we comfortable
with this?

Thanks,
Roman.