On Jan 5, 2015, at 9:21 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> wrote:

> The tracking part is easy, though. What's difficult is the part
> that would require us to do something with poddlings put
> on hold. Unless we come up with clear exit criteria for
> this new state -- I don't think we're solving any real problems
> here.

There’s no silver bullet here, if a podling cannot whip up a mentor it’s
because:
the podling is not popular and should probably be retired anyway, being put on
hold will provide impetus for the podling to seek out a new venue
there are not enough mentors
There is no way to magically solve the latter.

Regards,
Alan