On Monday, January 5, 2015, Alan D. Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','l...@toolazydogs.com');>> wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2015, at 9:21 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
>
> > The tracking part is easy, though. What's difficult is the part
> > that would require us to do something with poddlings put
> > on hold. Unless we come up with clear exit criteria for
> > this new state -- I don't think we're solving any real problems
> > here.
>
> There’s no silver bullet here, if a podling cannot whip up a mentor it’s
> because:
> the podling is not popular and should probably be retired anyway, being
> put on hold will provide impetus for the podling to seek out a new venue
> there are not enough mentors
> There is no way to magically solve the latter.

You mean popular within the pool of mentors (IPMC), the project can still
be popular on several other scales.

I might lack experience, but why do more active mentors guarantee that the
podling will be a better TLP ?

We try to solve the problem of mentors not being active but adding more
volume. I don't believe that is the right cure.

I do agree with bernard that it is the podling that should ask for
help....but the IPMC should solve it.,

rgds
jan i