On 05/01/2015 jan i wrote:
On 5 January 2015 at 18:52, Alex Harui wrote:
2) In [2] it says for Category B: "By including only the object/binary
form, there is less exposed surface area of the third-party work from
which a work might be derived; this addresses the second guiding principle
of this policy. By attaching a prominent label to the distribution and
requiring an explicit action by the user to get the reciprocally-licensed
source, users are less likely to be unaware of restrictions significantly
different from those of the Apache License.”  Does “including” means
“bundling”?  If so, the quoted text must be referencing binary packages
and not source packages since source packages can never include
object/binary forms.  Or does “including” also refer to build scripts that
download an MPL jar like Saxon?

AOO release notes, includes the list of external packages (binary) we use,
but we do NOT provide the source for these libraries, nor do our installer
give the user a possibility to download.

Let me just complete this. The OpenOffice SVN repository (but, Jan is correct, not the source package we ship) does include some libraries that are under Category A. OpenOffice can be fully built from that source package, but our users need additional functionality.

So the convenience binaries are configured with --enable-category-b (yes, we really have a configure option named that way) and include binary forms of some extra libraries. These are listed and credited not in the Release Notes, but in the LICENSE file. So credits and notices are shipped with the binaries.

Again, for convenience of developers, we archive the Category A materials in SVN, and we archive Category B materials on Apache Extras, which seemed a wonderful idea to have them permanently archived until Google decided to pull the plug and shut down Apache Extras...

Regards,
  Andrea.