One wording that could confuse people:
"after which they are removed from the PMC unless they are committers."

If someone already a PMC, he or she is also a committer. In ASF a
committer is someone who can commit code into the repository.

If a mentor asked to stay as PMC after graduation just for the sake of
continue mentoring, I am not sure how can the community ask the mentor
to leave the PMC because he/ she is by default a committer.

- Henry