On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 12:54 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> We do have problems; see above.

To address our problems, I advocate incremental, reversible changes and
controlled experiments.

> With that said, my proposal is not a radical overhaul.

There are parts of it I can get behind.  Taken together, it is too much.

Retiring the role of Champion sounds like an idea whose time has come.  We
gave the Champion additional oversight responsibilities a while back -- but
how many times since then has having that additional layer made a difference?

I also think we can do without Shepherds -- in fact we are already for a lot
of podlings because Shepherd participation is spotty.  What has changed in the
last year and a half is that we no longer ignore it when podlings fail to
report -- we put them into "monthly" and review the situation month to month.
Between that and requiring Mentor checkoff, we'll notice 90% of podlings that
go adrift.

Marvin Humphrey