On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 8:22 PM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:
> ...For Flex, we did not have an established community of developers coming in
> with the code.  But I don’t know that we could have recruited enough ASF
> members to be committers....

I agree with that, I was a Flex mentor but only interested in the
community side of things, I have no technical knowledge and no
technical interest in Flex.

I think that kind of mentorship is still possible with Greg's pTLP
model, but as others have said people who have no technical interest
in the project are more likely to become inactive than those who are
active committers.

In any case, it's fine for people to become inactive in Apache
projects so the same has to be true for pTLPs. I guess the board will
just have to pay closer attention to those projects, considering them
more "fragile" than well-established TLPs maybe.

-Bertrand