On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 4:01 PM, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Who ever said the Incubator has the exclusive Right to be the only way to
> > become part of the Apache Software Foundation? New approaches can be
> > discussed anywhere. At the end of the day, it will be the Board who votes
> > on a pTLP resolution.
>
> Resolution R2, paragraph 3:
>

> http://apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2002/board_minutes_2002_10_16.txt

Well aware, Sam. I voted on that. ... and again: it doesn't assign
*exclusive* management of incoming projects. It is flat out impossible for
such. The Board can write a resolution saying that one day, and then accept
a contravening resolution the next.

*shrug*

... what you're missing is that pTLP is not part of the Incubator. Nothing
against it, but it has zero bearing upon these proposals. All of that is
left to the Board.

Cheers,
-g