Hi,

I missed a few important points in this thread last week, with which I disagree:

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 7:28 PM, Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...1) Draft a template resolution. Starting in the wiki is fine, but you'll
> want to involve board@ when you have your first draft done....

IMO board members have more important things to do than work on draft
resolutions for new projects, and it's also important for drafts of
new projects to be discussed in public. If only to allow new people
and mentors to jump in.

I strongly suggest discussing such draft resolutions on this list.
Even if the Incubator PMC is not formally involved in managing those
pTLPs, this list is where the know-how about creating new projects
resides, I see no reason to move that work elsewhere.

> ...2) Create a ComDev page discussing what it means to be a "provisional
> TLP"....

I don't understand why people want these things to move to comdev -
did you even ask the comdev PMC about this? It sounds like people want
to send a bunch of tasks their way, without even asking.

I see no reason for the pTLP process definition to happen outside of
the Incubator, which is the PMC tasked with bringing new projects to
the ASF.

-Bertrand