On 4/23/15 5:41 PM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) wrote:
> Infra already  supports Whimsy so having a TLP is irrelevant in that
> respect (although on reason Sam is doing this is because infra
> expressed a concern about maintaining a service that only had Sam
> working on it).

To be clear: is the current whimsy.apache.org with a variety of board
agenda, email lookup, etc. services a formally infra-supported service?
 Just curious.  I would lobby that it should be formally supported at a
normal level (i.e. it's not critical level like email/svn is).
(Apologies if we already formally talked about this)

The service is separate from the TLP status.  We run the service to help
our own project operations, which we'll do in any case.  The presumed
pTLP would be to develop the code; I could easily imagine some of the
code being useful as examples outside of the ASF.  Being a pTLP would
also make development easier for newcomers, since code/mailinglists/etc.
would all be normalized with other projects.

I'm +1 and will join.

- Shane