Both Bertrand and I have tried to become involved in this and help avert
this melt-down. There is clearly quite a lot of back-channel happening that
is not visible to the Apache mailing lists and I (and apparently Bertrand)
have been unable to get our sub requests moderated through in time.

It may be that working with Apache processes is not what the majority of
the project wanted as part of their project. Apache is definitely not for
everybody.

I am very sorry to see this happen in this fashion, however. Splits can
happen amicably and do not require high drama. I will continue to try to
piece together what the best course of action is over the next few days
(holiday be damned) and hope that I can get the help of others as well.