Licensing is always a thorny issue.

In general, http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#optional
<http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#optional> says that you can use
libraries under licenses such as the LGPL for optional dependencies. This is so
that user’s can use your project in its base mode with no “surprises”.

However, if the library is something that you would expect to be already
installed on the platform(s) you support that is a different story. See
http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#platform
<http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#platform>.

If someone can take your work, modify it, and then attach whatever license they
want to the combined work then whatever you are doing is probably OK.

Ralph