On 06.09.2015 19:43, Peter Kelly wrote:
> If it’s not possible to write apps using LGPL libraries as part of apache
> projects,

I expect you did get to read this page:
http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html

It explains why we cannot include code under certain libraries in our
releases. It's fine to have optional dependencies on code under one of
these licenses, such that the user can include them when they build
binaries from our sources. But "optional" means that the absence of such
a module doesn't affect the core functionality. If the core
functionality is to be a user interface, then you'd have to find an
appropriately-licenses UI toolkit.

I'm not aware of any such toolkit that's compatible with ALv2 ... which
is a  bit of a pain.

-- Brane