Bertrand,

Thanks.

My content vision here is that the landing page at incubator should
highlight whatever task that most people landing there want to do.  My
suspicion is that this task is to answer either "what is incubator?" or
"how can I bring my project to Apache?".

Regardless, we will need a landing page for "how can I bring ..." and one
for "what is..".  This document is intended ultimately to satisfy the "what
is..." question and hopefully form a core of the "how can I..." question.

As this migrates to web form, it should *definitely* gather links to more
detailed descriptions. The maturity model document and the release process
descriptions are great candidates for that.

Another key mission will be education of mentors about what has gone before
and how various tasks can be done. I don't expect that this document will
serve that purpose. Instead, I think that much of our current documentation
needs to be exposed and isolated for clarity.  For instance, we currently
expect a mentor to scroll way down a page for an intro and then click on a
link to a page that they have to interpolate a bit in order to assist with
adding a new committer to a podling. The content along the way is
excellent, but I think we can expose it better.

In parallel, I want to use the consensus to start updating and refining our
understanding of what we can improve. My guess is that a big part of what
people perceive as broken is really just difference of vision.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 1:28 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org