On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 6:25 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
wrote:

> Huge +1 to the above. Very well said and is exactly how I now start
> thing about the problem myself: Incubator is what's needed when
> there are gaps in straight to TLP. Lets identify what those gaps

There is one thing the Incubator cannot solve: ASF Members on the
direct-to-TLP PMC. That has been the primary metric the Board used for
those Resolutions (Zest and Serf). There are a few other direct-to-TLP
occurrences which was only about moving code/communities around within the
Foundation (STeVe, Whimsy, ORC, etc, lately, and when we blew up umbrellas
(eg. Jakarta, XML, Hadoop)).

So... I would not look at the Incubator as "get the podling community to
look like a candidate for direct-to-TLP", as it really can't do that.

The ultimate question, I believe, is: "does the code/community operate
according to Foundation principles?"

Cheers,
-g