From: Dennis E. Hamilton<mailto:dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Sent: ‎11/‎6/‎2015 9:35 AM
To: general@incubator.apache.org<mailto:general@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Concerning Sentry: A disagreement over the Apache Way and
graduation

I think there is a difference between what TLPs do and what the recommended
approach for Podlings is.

My impression, based on limited podling experience, is that the default tends
to be PPMC == committer.

Thanks for raising the notion of looking at why committers are *not* moved to
the PMC of a TLP after some period of time, though.  My question, as a PMC
member, would be whether or not we are holding the reins too tight at the
expense of both community and sustainability.  An useful danger sign, that.

 - Dennis