And I have to disagree with you Joe. To me, a mandatory RTC policy says “we
don’t trust anybody”. Sure, it doesn’t discriminate, but it is also a PITA. One
project I mentored uses RTC along with ReviewBoard and mandates that you cannot
commit your own work and every commit must be formally reviewed. I have found
this process to be so onerous that I have never committed any code to the
project, even though I really would like to.  I find the pace of this project
to be fairly slow.  But it seems to fit within the corporate culture that most
of the committers seem to work in.

OTOH, I am involved in a project that uses CTR but where feature branches are
frequently created to allow others to review and improve significant new work
before it is integrated. As a consequence, new features are introduced at a
much faster pace in this project.

Ralph