I can see how a TLP would not be receptive to someone nit-picking their
LICENSE/NOTICE files. Asking for patches, as Marvin suggests, is one approach
that might work. Another approach is for someone with expertise in licensing to
approach a TLP and offer to take them through a licensing review. Of course the
TLP is at liberty to refuse, but if they accepted, some knowledge would
undoubtedly rub off. I can speak only for the Calcite project, but I think we’d
be happy to go through such a process every couple of years.

Julian