On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 11:09 AM, Makoto Yui <m...@treasure-data.com> wrote:

> There are 5 individuals, excluding project committers, sent pull requests
> to the project before moving to ALv2: smly, y-tag, ryukobayashi,
> spiritloose, and takahi-i.

I assume that all the "project committers" (if that group is more than just
you) were employed by AIST and that the copyright for any code they authored
is owned by AIST.

> All of contributions are recorded in github and there are no other
> contributions
> that are not listed in github.
>
> So, I can try to get I-CLA from them, in addition to committer's I-CLA sign,
> in the incubation process. I think I can get permissions from them.
>
> Is I-CLA adequate or e-mail based confirmation is enough?
> https://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

This doesn't have to be dealt with before entry into the Incubator.  All
that's required is a *plan* -- and it seems to me that there's enough of a
plan to get started.

Another detail is that very small contributions may not be copyrightable and
thus may not require relicensing.  Again, that can be dealt with later.

Good luck!

Marvin Humphrey