On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Jake Farrell <jfarr...@apache.org> wrote:
> We have our own docker registry available for projects to use, its hosted
> out of bintray. Access can be granted per project via an infra ticket
> request.
>
> Dockerhub is used in an automated builds capacity, we can set it to only
> build tagged versions.
>
> Happy to answer any questions about either offering.

On the other thread, it was suggested that the Bintray Docker stuff was only
for public releases.  Is that not the case?  Is it already set up like
repository.apache.org as suggested upthread?

On the other hand, if I type `docker pull apache/nutch` or `docker pull
apache/thrift`, I get unreleased `master`, which is a problem.

Docker images of official releases for distribution to the general public are
an unalloyed good.  Docker images of unreleased builds are a nice convenience
for our dev communities, but distribution must be fenced off and outsiders
pointed towards official releases.

It would be great if there can be a strong division between hub.docker.com for
public images and something analogous to repository.apache.org on Bintray or
elsewhere for private builds.

Marvin Humphrey