Given the historical difficulty in securing usable Java-related TCK
licenses from Oracle, will that be an issue in attracting long-term
contributors to the project in the future?

A number of existing Apache projects have noted that lack of proper and
formal access to TCKs is an issue for some of their users.  Given the
wide range of plugins and integrations, I wonder if this would also be
an issue for a future Apache NetBeans project.

Just curious: I'm not a major NetBeans user so perhaps this isn't that
relevant to the future of the potential podling.

- Shane