On 9/19/16, 8:13 AM, "Wade Chandler" <m...@wadechandler.com on behalf of
cons...@wadechandler.com> wrote:

>> On Sep 19, 2016, at 11:04, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com
>><mailto:aha...@adobe.com>> wrote:
>>

>> On 9/19/16, 6:16 AM, "Mark Struberg" <strub...@yahoo.de.INVALID
>><mailto:strub...@yahoo.de.invalid>> wrote:
>>

>>> We also need to check whether the author and contributor flags are
>>> properly moved over by the import. We don't like to loose any IP
>>> provenance... Etc, etc.
>>
>> Isn't IP provenance reset by the SGA?  It was for Adobe Flex.  Only a
>> couple of committers came in with the 10 year old code base.  Everyone
>> else had moved on, but because all were employees of Adobe, it didn't
>> matter.  The log just says that someone from Adobe made a commit, not
>>who.
>>

>Sorry…sent first from wrong email alias...
>
>NB has a contributor agreement too, and so to contribute we all had to
>sign one assigning IP to Oracle (same for Sun when they were around).

I assume Oracle legal has confirmed that the CA allows for donation
without signature?  That was the case for Adobe's CA, but wasn't the case
for some code Adobe picked up via an acquisition and we had to execute
more paperwork.  Assuming the CA allows donation, I would think the
signing of the SGA resets provenance.  Oracle is saying they own every
line and authorize its donation.  At that point, exactly which human
actually wrote the code becomes moot from a provenance standpoint, AIUI.
"Mr. Oracle" contributed every line.

Of course, I could be wrong...
-Alex