(sorry sent the previous msg too early)

> On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:
>> On 9/19/16, 6:16 AM, "Mark Struberg" <strub...@yahoo.de.INVALID> wrote:
>>>...We don't like to loose any IP provenance... Etc, etc.

>> Isn't IP provenance reset by the SGA?...

I agree that from the ASF side we don't care about the detailed
provenance of the NetBeans code, if Oracle states that they have the
right to donate it and sign the grant [1]. AFAIK Geertjan and team
have sorted that out already.

It's nice of course to be able to keep history when importing code
into our Git repositories, but the success of that has nothing to do
with our decision to accept the podling or not, which is the topic of
this thread. Worst case, a podling that starts with a tarball of the
current code and no history would be viable.

So thanks Mark for trying that (and being patient with that import ;-)
but let's not sidetrack the discussion too much with those things.

Once again the only thing that we're waiting on before voting on
accepting NetBeans is the infrastructure analysis that Daniel Gruno is
currently performing. Once we have his report here we can move forward
or discuss any remaining issues.

-Bertrand

[1] https://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt