I like the way that Reynold is coming at this.

I am aware of the rule mandating English for discussions. But in the interests
of having no more rules than are strictly necessary, is it not sufficient to
tell PMCs (and PPMCs): "Do whatever you believe will engage the largest
possible community."

Most PMCs will choose English. Some won’t. Times they are a changing.

Julian