I cannot agree more with that.

It's not easy for the average user to understand the "mailing list rule",
all they care is to get the answer as soon as possible. If they can get the
answer from localize channel, they won't dig the mailing list.  So It could
be a good way if the committer or developer can guide them to find the
answer in a more public way.

As a committer I wants to get touch with more users from different
communication channel, and we just need to keep in mind of the "mailing
list rule".

For the user who don't want to subscribe the mailing list, nabble[1] would
be another choice. It just works as a forum to mailing list bridge.
Maybe we need to consider to introduce another bridge between the user
mailing  and stackoverflow.

[1]http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/

Willem Jiang

          http://jnn.iteye.com  (Chinese)