A few things...

1. There's a huge thriving Apache community in China that operates outside
of "everything happens on mailing lists."
2. As a committer in an incubator, I want to have insight into those
communities.
3. I need to figure out if there's anything that can be done to encourage
this class of contributors to engage more with the worldwide community
since they are a huge source of potential committers.
4. The language barrier is a real issue where language-to-English
translators seem to work fine but not vice versa.

So, in essence: new interesting challenges in community building.

Gunnar

--
Thanks,

Gunnar