Hi Julian

Yes, based on your comment about thrift, we started one discussion about how
to facilitate Apache Thrift installation in dev mailing list:

Before, all users need to install thrift locally. For convenience we
optimized it in 0.2.0, now general users don't need to install thrift(file
format dependency can be found from Maven central), only people who verify
the release, need to install thrift.(this problem will be solved
automatically once the release is done.)

Regards
Liang

Julian Hyde-3 wrote