Agree John: we will add more explicitly the thrift binary installation requirement in the build instructions.

Thanks !

Regards
JB

On 11/19/2016 01:55 PM, John D. Ament wrote:
JB -

I don't disagree with you.  The release contents are good, but doesn't
build from source.  When I asked how to build from source, I was given "mvn
clean -Pbuild-with-format install" without mention of the thrift binary
requirement.  Maybe a user will already have thrift, maybe they won't.  But
either way, they may not know how to build from source.  There was an
ensuing conversation about why carbondata-format was needed or not needed,
which didn't seem to help my situation.

Anyways now that I know thrift is required, I'm running a build with it
installed.

John

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 4:03 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <j...@nanthrax.net>