Saturday, December 31, 2016, 5:33:19 PM, John D. Ament wrote:

> Just to level set.  I don't think its fair to expect a special policy for a
> single podling.

To be clear, I'm just asking a question, since there's no written
policy regarding the Maven version number as far as I know. So I
suppose the Incubator PMC is free to decide this for the individual
release. Of course, I prefer to find out the feelings earlier than the
release voting.

Anyway, if there will be a written policy, then note that the
situation is the same for any (Java-library-) poddling that was a
widely used project before trying to join Apache.

Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany