Hello,

TL/DR +1 (non-binding).

So I had a go at running toree & jupyter from the artifacts and it all
seems ok although there were a couple of things I noticed.

I downloaded toree-pip from
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/toree/0.1.0/rc4/ since
that is what the original vote thread suggests
(https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/493874de453d9ccbdbc3aecc2f527dea6af82d657104732d726e07f9@%3Cdev.toree.apache.org%3E)rather
than attempting to build from source. I did try to build the source from
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/toree/0.1.0/rc4/toree-src/apache-toree-0.1.0-incubating-source-release.tar.gz

but 'make release' resulted in "fatal: Not a git repository (or any
parent up to mount point /home/ian)". I then git cloned the repo from
github and tried again. This resulted in "/bin/sh: 1: sbt: not found
". I have no idea what sbt is and the readme at
https://github.com/apache/incubator-toree didn't help.

It would be worth mentioning the spark install process via
http://spark.apache.org/downloads.html. I just downloaded the suggested
1.6.x version (1.6.3 in fact), unzipped it and placed it in my home
directory and used that as spark_home for the jupyter toree install
part. Would probably be a good idea if the email to general included as
much info as the original vote thread.

I'm also not sure what I'm supposed to do with
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/toree/0.1.0/rc4/toree-pip/apache_toree.egg-info/

I checked the md5 and sha512 sums for all the artifacts and they match.

I'll give it a +1 (non-binding) since it seems to work and the sums are
ok but maybe a bit more is needed in the docs to help people build it
from source.

Cheers,

Ian