Justin,

Agreed on the -1 due to licensing issues.  However, regarding the
binaries.  In a recent discussion (on legal-discuss) it was decided that
this was OK.  Ideally the NOTICE would include the information on the
binary's source of origin (assuming that the source was eligible to be
licensed this way).  In this case, the .tar.gz  is actually the
distribution of Apache Spark R that looks like its required to build Toree.

John