On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 1:57 PM, John D. Ament <johndam...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 1:11 PM Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 1:31 PM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>> > Not sure what was the decision to be made here, but +1 to all
>> suggestions.
>> > All of PPMC as podling owners makes sense to me as long as
>> private@podling
>> > is notified.
>>
>> The following four podlings don't have private@podling lists:
>> ["log4cxx2", "odftoolkit", "ratis"].
>>
> private@logging and odf-private.
>
>> ratis being a clear example of 'not yet'.
>>
>> So a revised approach: emails go to private@podling list, if there is
>> one.  If not, it goes to the designated private list (e.g.
>> private@logging).  If there are no such private list designated, it
>> goes to private@incubator.
>>

> It sounds like we need to have an attribute for the private list.

Currently I have this implemented via code:

https://github.com/apache/whimsy/blob/master/lib/whimsy/asf/podlings.rb#L155
https://github.com/apache/whimsy/blob/master/lib/whimsy/asf/podlings.rb#L173

Note that this code supports both dev and private lists.  Also note
that while the code could be reduced if there were an attribute that
could be queried for this purpose, I don't think it can ever be
entirely eliminated as there will always be windows where (for
example) the ratis list hasn't been created yet.

- Sam Ruby