On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 11:23 AM, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> What's the next step?  Can I just work with the infrastructure team to
> make this happen?  Do we need a formal vote?

In my view there is no need for a vote. This is not covered on the
Incubation_Policy page as far as I can tell.

If memory serves correctly, when we adopted the practice of relying on
social enforcement rather than technical enforcement of commit
privileges, it was spurred in part by infrastructure simplification:
avoiding maintenance of per-podling Subversion ACLs. That the practice
we adopted didn't cause problems demonstrates that relying on social
enforcement (and commit email monitoring) suffices, so the arguments
that won the day back then were sound.

But just because we didn't need ACLs doesn't mean that we absolutely
must not have them. Today, we have a different infrastructure concern:
it's simpler to divide up commit privileges than to unify them. Sure
-- I don't see a problem with that. +1 to go ahead and collaborate
with infra to make it happen.

Marvin Humphrey