Not sure where to comment, so I'll top post.

Some of the data that you mentioned doesn't need to be in the status
file as it can be generated from other sources.  For example:
https://whimsy.apache.org/board/agenda/json/podlingnamesearch.  I'll
refactor that code and add that information to the ppmc pages of the
roster tool.

YAML is more human editable than JSON.  As Sebb points out elsewhere,
it also supports comments.

One thing that whimsy should do is spit out a digested and accumulated
set of information in JSON which can be read by other tools.  A good
place for a public view would be the phonebook application.

I see as I typed this Bertrand brought up clutch and graduation
checklist.  I see those as items that can be incorporated into the
roster tool, with the added value that this tool is both read/write.
See something that needs to be changed?  Given the right permissions,
you can fix it right there, and interested parties will be notified of
the change.

I've already added a button to the bottom of the PPMC roster pages to
help you draft a graduation resolution.  At the moment, it doesn't do
anything more than display the resolution which you can copy/paste.
This not only will save a few minutes, the resolution will contain the
correct names and ids.

- Sam Ruby