Haha... I'm no Director any more. Such policy is above my pay grade :-P

On Jun 8, 2017 22:20, "Roman Shaposhnik" <ro...@shaposhnik.org> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 10:15 PM, Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I recall a company that started to list out each of things NOT to do. Item
> after item after item, to develop a policy. After a few dozen such, one
guy
> piped up, "this is ridiculous" ... It just isn't tractable. So he
suggested
> a simple replacement:
>
> Do no evil.

Should we add that to our release policy? Will VP Legal go along with that?

Seriously, on one hand I see folks saying here that clarfiying what is and
isn't
acceptable is useful. On the other hand, I see your reaction that can only
be described as "duh! what policy -- its just common sense".

I actually do not think it is common sense anymore -- I do think it needs
to be
documented.

However, this won't be the first time when what I feel passionate about is
ignored by the "official ASF" -- not a biggie -- you guys are the bosses. I
just
need to learn to care less.

Thanks,
Roman.