Hi,

> The root NOTICE references the donation but files are under apache v2
> license anyway, even referencing IBM so should be good.

OKish, perhaps,  but given we’re taking about 120 or so files rather than just
a couple so I think it would be better if it was fixed.

The NOTICE statement is there because the copyright line have been relocated.
[1] The Apache header used for ASF project is also different to that used in
external projects i.e. mentions contributor license agreements.  If some of the
headers haven't changed then it’s unclear if they were part of the donation or
come from somewhere else. If they come from somewhere else then that bit of
Apache licensed software may have a NOTICE file that would need to be looked at
and parts possibly copied to your NOTICE file. So have 120 or so  files with
IBM headers makes it a little hard to review.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers