Hi Justin!

tldr; I think we are fine and it has been clarified when we started incubation.

longer version:
IBM developed a JBatch RI at github. They didn't officially submit their JBatch
RI as podling but just gave us the OK to  do a 'friendly fork'. IBM peeps even
actively participate by having open discussions on the batche dev lists and
submitting patches. And ofc we are also perfectly fine to contribute back to
their version!
But still it's not an official donation and Copyright grant to the ASF and thus
we also should not remove the original Copyright headers [1].
All the rest (files with ASF headers) are initially developed here at BatchEE
and fully from us.

What we probably should do is to review all the (c) IBM files and check where
we did add some significant amount of work (surpassing the threshold of
originality).
For those files we should _additionally_ also add the (c) ASF to the headers
imo. Not a biggie, but should be done.

> IMO If the files with IBM copyright were donated to the ASF then the headers
> should be replaced with ASF headers. If that is not the case and they are 3rd
> party files that are bundled in an Batchee release then the IBM headers
> should stay and the LICENSE needs to make it clear when they come from.

I think there is no need to add anything to LICENSE as they are ALv2 anyway.
And we already mention IBM in the NOTICE file. So this part is fine as wall
afaict.

And txs for reviewing!

LieGrue,
strub