I got inconsistent results from the same answer out of the same choices on the
same question. It was not clear to me that many of the questions are “check all
that apply”. Some of the questions are poorly worded, e.g. something like “can
Apache rely on cat X  software”: most of the projects I know about rely on
Apache infra running Jira so it’s hard to call that an optional dependency of
any kind. From the “explanations” of what we’re deemed my wrong answers I think
the question was intended to be closer to “can an Apache project have a
dependency on cat X software”.

For many of the questions I thought there was a mismatch between my
understanding of Apache policy and any of the possible answers presented, and I
ended up feeling vaguely insulted.

David Jencks
Sent from my iPhone