On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 9:55 PM, Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I got inconsistent results from the same answer out of the same choices on
>> the same question. It was not clear to me that many of the questions are
>> “check all that apply”.
>
> I will add that to make it clearer.
>
>> Some of the questions are poorly worded, e.g. something like “can Apache
>> rely on cat X  software”:
>
> I used that wording as it is used in the legal resolved page. [1] “depend” or
> “rely on a dependancy” may be better words to use.
>
>> For many of the questions I thought there was a mismatch between my
>> understanding of Apache policy and any of the possible answers presented,
>> and I ended up feeling vaguely insulted.
>
> Sorry that was certainly not my intention.

I was holding off on this -- but now I just can't resit. So here it goes:

Surely we are not talking about some kind of an official ASF exam test
here, right?

This is more of a fun quiz that makes people think about certain things which
means that anything goes -- trick questions, silly questions, whatever (not that
I'm making a judgement call on what Justin has there -- just pointing
this out in
general).

In that sense, how could anyone has a "...I ended up feeling vaguely insulted"
is a tad beyond my understanding.

So I guess my only bit of feedback would be this: use this opportunity to make
the test go: "ah well, here's the thing..." when somebody ends up with one
of those "not quite" answers.

Just my 2c.

Thanks,
Roman.