Hi,

> IMO, adding license information along with copyrights in NOTICE sounds
> reasonable because comparing LICENSE with NOTICE is hard when divided
> while it may be redundant.

In general only LICENSE should contain license information [1] as the NOTICE
file is informational only [2], (see d. "The contents of the NOTICE file are
for informational purposes only and do not modify the License.") It also should
be keep as short as possible [3] as it has an impact on downstream ASF projects.

> BTW, can we remove "rcX" from "x.y.z-rcX" on releasing "x.y.z" without
> voting when IPMC vote passed?

You can name release artefacts however you want as long as it has “incubating”
in it. Changing the name of the release (i.e. dropping the RC bit) doesn’t
effect the signature or change the file contents so that’s fine. Best to do
this via a "svn move” from the dist/dev area to the /dist area.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#overview-of-files
2. http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html#redistribution (see d. )