Hi,

> To clear discussion, the missing license body is specifically for
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall/blob/v0.5.0/LICENSE#L315

Again please carefully read [1] to comply you need to include a pointer to the
full text of the license not a URL. If you need to download the license text
and place that in a file in the release please do so.

> Font-awesome uses github mention for Copyright (unclear).
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall/blob/master/src/site/resources/css/font-awesome.css#L2

Also note you include code which is CC-BY according to [3].

> BTW, font-awesome is widely used in many ASF projects.
> https://github.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=org%3Aapache+SIL+Open+Font+License+filename%3ALICENSE&type=Code

It's normally used as part of bootstrap and the license in that case is clearer.

> So, I would like to follow the other TLP project passing ASF legal checks for
> this incubator release.

TLP may have historical reasons for the contents of LICENSE and NOTICE and
policy has changed over time.  While good for guidance please don’t assume that
just because a TLP does something some way that it’s OK for your project to do
it the same way.

> https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/34e106f63c9dcd2673d66b47fda1555b7dced770/LICENSE#L301
> https://github.com/apache/tez/blob/247719d7314232f680f028f4e1a19370ffb7b1bb/tez-dist/dist-files/full/LICENSE#L352
> https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/0938c7b6d767e3242874d87a30d9112512d9243a/LICENSE#L264
> https://github.com/apache/phoenix/blob/ee4355791acf3f31568fcd8c43367947d25a1386/LICENSE#L233
>
> Isn't it acceptable?

IMO from a quick look none of those are acceptable but that’s for their PMCs to
deal with not the incubator. It may be that they included the full text of the
license elsewhere.

>> - The NOTICE file still contains too much information [2]
>
> Made NOTICE clean and revised License headers following [1] with the
> following commit:

I see you are still listing the copyrights in NOTICE. Again please ask your
mentors for help on what is required here.

> I expect it resolves your concern.

No I would still vote -1 on a release with those changes.

Thanks,
Justin