> we have allowed (and IMO should continue) podlings to have licensing
issues during their incubator releases

Thanks for pointing this out, Greg. I wasn't aware of this and have always
had releases fail when we discover licensing issues. I think there's a
significant risk of license problems, so I had assumed we would require a
thorough scrub before the first release.

What's the argument for finishing this work before graduation rather than
first release? Isn't the release a product for which the ASF is legally
responsible? Given that we fail releases for known license issues,
shouldn't we also be more careful when we know there are likely to be
issues?

rb

--
Ryan Blue