Hi,

I’m not involved in your project, and I may be mistaken, but it seems to me you
might have a wider issue here.

> Besides that, because many users are using git clone tag as sources too,
> although in Apache, we consider our source tar only. But in the community,
> they really use in another way, in our github issue, many compiling issue,
> even after we put this detailed guide.

So point them to the official releases and don’t promote the use of GitHub over
other official channels, especially to users. I was surprised by that page when
I saw instructions for GitHub first. Why would your users want to use
unreleased source code? That should really only be for active contributors and
committers on the project.

> Background story is, in our project repository, we are using git submodule,
> so we need the guide as detailed as possible. Such as git submodule init, git
> submodule update, etc.

Sounds to me like it's easier to compile official releases and that you should
be trying to release more often perhaps?

Thanks,
Justin