On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 4:43 PM Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > But apart from all of that GitHub issues should definitely be mirrored
> back
> > to the mailing list.  There's no way to justify that an issue tracker is
> > not echoed back.
>
> They were not being, but that’s being changed, and the mentor is now
> signed up to the dev list where they were not before.

That is awesome progress.

> Mentoring is different to the PPMC making decisions, and while it best for
> it to be in an open and archived place, I don't think all mentoring
> activity has to be on the mailing list.

That is sooo very true. Particularly with personality issues, it can be
enormously better to coach quietly in the background. The desired outcome
is constructive behavior in public. Private coaching can let the
personality in question demonstrate a pattern of doing better in public
which can set the entire community on a better track. Having the mentor be
a highly visible player in that can be highly counter productive especially
if the mentor is going to leave the community after graduation.

> I still have some concerns about the amount of off-list communication but
> that a separate issue.

Indeed. And that is a great opportunity to mentor the mentor so that they
can better mentor the community.