Hi,

So we’ve over the 50% mark, so those who has responded a number have indicated
that they will put more effort into mentoring and stay on, 7 people so far will
continue as mentors, 19 have asked to step down.

We had every one of the gearpump mentors ask to step down, but given the
project is voting on retiring nothing needs to be done.

I’ll wait another week, but I’m guessing we’ll not get many more responses. The
next step I think is to contact each of the podlings where mentors haven’t
responded and tell them the situation i.e your mentor seems to be missing, and
we can’t seem to contact them, and see if they respond. We can wait another
week or two and then just remove them if we get no response, they can ask to be
re-added if need be. Anyone have any other ideas?

One thing in common seems it be the length of time in the incubator vs how
active mentors are. I’ll put together a graph to see if there any correlation.
It does seem to make sense that over a longer period (2 years +) it more likely
that a mentor will change jobs, move/build a hours, have children (all reasons
mentor's gave for being inactive btw) or perhaps just loose interest and no
longer be able to mentor a podling.

Thanks,
Justin