Hi Justin,

Thanks for the questions. I will try to answer them below .

>>- Use of slack for communication. [1] Has the project thought about how
moving conversations and decision making to a mailing list will affect the
community?
Good point. We use Slack for interactive debugging, critical decisions
(approaches, designs, PR) still happens over github issues (which will
remain the same anyway).
I can try running a poll if you are really interested. But moving to
mailing list should be fine.

>>- Relatively high bar for committership [1]
So far we used a tweaked version of the chromium project's guidelines. Open
to advice on this going forward inside ASF

>>No mention of non-code contributions at [1],
Yes, [1] did not recognize that. But we as a project value it definitely,
In fact, the last two committers are the list are included with incubation
precisely for non-code contributions. They helped get Hudi running on cloud
systems.

>>- Why the low number (6) of initial committers?
No specific reason. We have included folks who have contributed
significantly so far to the project, based on the guidelines we set out.
Once we have neutral/standardized governance in place from ASF, might be
easier to absorb more committers.

>>- Of the initial committers mentioned it’s not obvious that all have made
contributions to the project. You mind listing their GitHub names or
listing their previous contribution to the project.
The first four committers would jump out, if you look at the contributions
here <https://github.com/uber/hudi/graphs/contributors>. (vinothchandar,
n3nash, bvaradar, prazanna). prazanna actually has a lot more code
ownership, but github is not showing his commits for some reason. You can
find it in the raw git log. Already covered the last two committers in the
previous answer.

>>- Under relationships with other Apache Products “there are no direct
competing projects with Hudi” is not a concern. The ASF allows directly
competing projects.
Sure. we were just describing positioning of the project in the ecosystem

Thanks
Vinoth